I’ve been living in Minneapolis for a year now, and that time has been filled with exploring new places and things to do. There is always something fresh to find, and I’m still nowhere close to being done!
So without any further ado, in no particular order, here are 10 of the things I love best about Minneapolis:
(While these are technically the “Twin Cities”, I see these two cities and the surrounding areas as “Minneapolis”. So I apologize in advantage to St. Paul. I promise I’m not ignoring you!)
- Murals. Seriously, they’re everywhere and they’re all so incredibly beautiful! Whether it’s a simple phrase written over and over, or a multiple story portrait of a famous artist, Minneapolis has murals like no other city.
- Craft breweries. Here is a list of breweries around Minneapolis!
- Markets. From fresh veggies to handmade crafts, there’s always a fun and unique market happening all year round!
- Brunch. Every Sunday Tony and I head out to a new brunch spot, and we still aren’t finished! My go-to is The Tavern on France, because of their fantastic buffet and delicious waffles.
- Concerts. Although big name artists often come to Minneapolis, I far prefer checking out a new band at First Ave!
- Museums. Science museums, art museums, history museums, Minneapolis has them all!
- Parks. Not only do these parks provide a chance to walk, run, hike or bike, they also host outdoor concerts, sporting events and plenty of Instagram photo ops!
- Lakes. Minnesota is the land of 10,000 lakes, and Minneapolis has quite a few on their own! Beautiful in any season.
- Restaurants. Deciding where to go for dinner is a very difficult process, because Minneapolis has everything you could want and more!
- Coffee shops. I could probably live in any one of Minneapolis’ coffee shops. It seems like each one has an awesome view and even better coffee!
It’s only been a year, so I can’t wait to see how much more I’ve explored in another year!