Podcasts have absolutely blown up in the last few years, and it seems like everyone has created one now. With so many to choose from, it can be overwhelming to find one that you actually like listening to! To help you out, here are my favorite podcasts to listen to on boring commutes (or at work, or at the gym…lol jk):
- How I Built This – Stories about how successful business people got started, failures they’re glad they made, and the lessons they learned along the way.
- TED Radio Hour – An hour’s worth of discussion about a multitude of topics such as: our interactions with animals, what work means to us, or how easily we can be manipulated.
- Kalyn’s Coffee Talk – Great advice and life lessons that seem more like a laid-back chat with a friend.
- Car Talk – A podcast for car enthusiasts, the hosts focus on helping people diagnose their car’s problems. It’s fun to play along and see if you actually know as much about cars as you think you do!
- Skimm’d from the couch – The founders of Skimm sit down with female leaders to discuss their business and life lessons.
- Serial – Each season focuses on a different criminal case-the first is a murder, the second is a military disappearance. If you liked Making A Murderer on Netflix, you’ll love this podcast.
Updated 1/7/2019: I gained new favorites over the holidays and had to share!
- Unhappy Hour – Matt Bellassai, of the hilarious Whine About It Buzzfeed videos, talks about the things we all love to hate, and is absolutely spot on!
- Lore – Every episode dives into the weird, yet fascinating stories of a strange place or family, mostly about superstitions and how they influence people.
- And That’s Why We Drink – Two women tell ghost and murder stories and freak each other out. Hilarious and super detailed!
Let me know your favorite podcasts in the comments below!