It can get really overwhelming thinking of all the things you need to do to help the environment. There’s a million products you can buy and things you can do, but where do you even start?! Here are 5 easy things you can swap to reusable to be more sustainable in your daily life without making big investments!
- Bags – I bought a few of these flip & tumble bags back in 2012 and haven’t stopped using them since! They pack up to be small enough to fit in a purse, so you’ll never forget it when you’re out! (And if you don’t use a purse, stick it in your car’s glovebox!)
- Cotton rounds – My sister bought me reusable cotton rounds for Christmas a few years ago and I love them! You’re supposed to be able to get them wet and wipe makeup off, but I still pour makeup remover on the pads. Throw them in the wash and they’re good as new again.
- Produce bags – A great replacement for those wasteful plastic produce bags at the grocery! An underrated feature: if you get a set with drawstrings, you don’t have to figure out how to best tie the plastic bag!
- K-cups – A great way to prevent extra plastic from ending up the landfill is using a reusable K-cup! Just dump out the grinds after, rinse it out, and it’s good to go for the next cup.
- Water bottles – I take my water bottle everywhere, so I never have a need for single use water bottles! I don’t like screw-top bottles, so this Eddy Camelbak is my go to.
What are your favorite easy reusable swaps you’ve made?