Last weekend, Tony and I took a road trip up to beautiful Holland, Michigan for a European car show called Euro Hangar. We took the day off work on Friday, loaded up Tony’s R32, and headed out for an 8 hour drive.Read More »
May is my favorite month, and only partially because it’s my birthday month! I feel like I say this every month, but I can’t believe how quickly May flew by! It feels like yesterday that I was counting down 3 weeks until my birthday, and now I’m just another year older.
Overcast. I decided to listen to start listening to podcasts on my commute to and from work, and Overcast is definitely the best way to do that! My favorite podcast to listen to is The Minimalists. They talk about living with less in the best possible way for your situation, and it’s very inspirational!
The Nest. This book was hard to get into at first, but after getting into a rhythm, I really enjoyed it!
@amyshorephotography. Amy is an amazing photographer, and the cars in said pictures just make them that much better!
Breweries. There are so many fantastic craft breweries in the Twin Cities that deciding where to go on a Friday night takes longer than drinking an actual beer! Most of them also have great patio spaces, which makes for awesome dog-sight-seeing in the summer!
My birthday! I mean, did you really think I would say anything else?? I turned a quarter of a century on May 27th and suddenly feel the need to turn the volume way up on the TV and tweet out Google inquiries. Too soon?
- It’s okay to make mistakes.
- A good haircut is always worth the money.
- Cuddles from animals make 99% of life’s problems disappear.
- Everything happens for a reason.
- Life gets better after making a conscious choice to focus on the positive.
- Nobody notices your imperfections as much as you do.
- Listen to your gut.
- Always stick to your morals and values.
- I finally appreciate the thousands of pictures my grandma takes.
- Paying off debt feels 10x better than any material thing.
- My parents were right. About everything.
- Don’t settle for anything.
- Your parents love you unconditionally, but it’s best not to test it.
- No matter what anyone else says, being a “crazy cat lady” isn’t a bad thing. (Right mom?)
- They make realistic looking fake plants for people like me.
- Don’t judge people based on their social media profiles.
- Success is 90% hard work and 10% knowing the right people.
- Nice people are nice.
- You learn a lot about yourself outside of your comfort zone.
- Be nice to your younger sister.
- You can’t change other people, love them as they are.
- If it doesn’t make you happy, don’t do it.
- Take full advantage of every opportunity.
- There is no such thing as “too many Volkswagens”. (Right dad?)
- I don’t know everything, but that’s okay.
Instead of telling people I’m 25, I’m going to say I’m a quarter century. It sounds so much fancier!
America isn’t in a great place right now. Because of that, we’re all constantly bombarded by news that stresses us out or makes us angry. While we certainly can’t ignore it, we can focus on the positive! So here are some of the happier things going on in the world. (And yes, obviously most of them are animal related.)Read More »
They say April showers bring May flowers, and we definitely got plenty of showers this month! (Also, snow, but there’s no quote for April snow.) Trees are starting to turn green, tulips are starting to pop up, and bright colorful clothing is on everyone but me. Bring on spring!Read More »
I’ve been living in Minneapolis for a year now, and that time has been filled with exploring new places and things to do. There is always something fresh to find, and I’m still nowhere close to being done!
So without any further ado, in no particular order, here are 10 of the things I love best about Minneapolis:
(While these are technically the “Twin Cities”, I see these two cities and the surrounding areas as “Minneapolis”. So I apologize in advantage to St. Paul. I promise I’m not ignoring you!)
- Murals. Seriously, they’re everywhere and they’re all so incredibly beautiful! Whether it’s a simple phrase written over and over, or a multiple story portrait of a famous artist, Minneapolis has murals like no other city.
- Craft breweries. Here is a list of breweries around Minneapolis!
- Markets. From fresh veggies to handmade crafts, there’s always a fun and unique market happening all year round!
- Brunch. Every Sunday Tony and I head out to a new brunch spot, and we still aren’t finished! My go-to is The Tavern on France, because of their fantastic buffet and delicious waffles.
- Concerts. Although big name artists often come to Minneapolis, I far prefer checking out a new band at First Ave!
- Museums. Science museums, art museums, history museums, Minneapolis has them all!
- Parks. Not only do these parks provide a chance to walk, run, hike or bike, they also host outdoor concerts, sporting events and plenty of Instagram photo ops!
- Lakes. Minnesota is the land of 10,000 lakes, and Minneapolis has quite a few on their own! Beautiful in any season.
- Restaurants. Deciding where to go for dinner is a very difficult process, because Minneapolis has everything you could want and more!
- Coffee shops. I could probably live in any one of Minneapolis’ coffee shops. It seems like each one has an awesome view and even better coffee!
It’s only been a year, so I can’t wait to see how much more I’ve explored in another year!
There are subscription boxes for everything these days. So I’m going to entertain you by creating subscription boxes that shouldn’t exist. Ever. (But if you do create one, please sign me up.)
- White elephant gifts. Think about all the times you’ve needed a gift but didn’t have one. If only you were sent a worthless trinket every month so you could give those newlyweds a high heel tape dispenser.
- Sock. You only get one sock, and it’s always a different size.
- Pictures of other people’s families. Finally fill those empty frames with pictures of happy, loving families! Who cares if they aren’t yours?!
- Half used candles. Someone enjoyed the candle first, so you know it’s good.
- Other people’s bills. Paying bills sucks. Make yourself feel better by looking at how much other people spend on a monthly basis! (She spent how much on toilet paper??)
- Cat/dog subscription box. Yeah I know, this already exists. But these boxes send you things for the animal opposite the one you have. So if you have a cat, you get a rawhide bone. Have a dog? Enjoy that catnip!
- Rocks. It’s heavy, but on the bright side…your rock garden is going to look BOSS.
- Boxes of boxes. What’s in the box?? Another box! And in that? A box! So much fun!!
Maybe there’s a reason these don’t exist, or maybe subscription box creators are just unimaginative! So what are some subscription boxes that you think don’t exist for a reason?