Yesterday was a pretty terrible day for me. Although I was able to wake up and make it through the first few things on my to do list, after watching the news in the morning, then scrolling through Twitter, everything hit me like a brick wall. I laid down on my bed and just started bawling. I couldn’t pinpoint exactly what it was that triggered this, or why exactly today was the day it hit me, but everything seemed so overwhelming. The insurrection at the US Capitol, the hatred and division our current President is supporting, dealing with quarantine for almost a year, and on top of all that, having to be a “normal” adult and deal with work stress. I called my mom hoping she would have some suggestions to calm down or how to deal with this until we get to the other side, and in typical mom-like fashion, she did (and she’s especially knowledgeable on the topic, considering she’s published an entire book about coping strategies!). I know I’m not the only one feeling this way, so I wanted to share my mom’s advice, in hopes these suggestions will help someone else as well.Read More »
25 Things I’ve Learned in 25 Years
- It’s okay to make mistakes.
- A good haircut is always worth the money.
- Cuddles from animals make 99% of life’s problems disappear.
- Everything happens for a reason.
- Life gets better after making a conscious choice to focus on the positive.
- Nobody notices your imperfections as much as you do.
- Listen to your gut.
- Always stick to your morals and values.
- I finally appreciate the thousands of pictures my grandma takes.
- Paying off debt feels 10x better than any material thing.
- My parents were right. About everything.
- Don’t settle for anything.
- Your parents love you unconditionally, but it’s best not to test it.
- No matter what anyone else says, being a “crazy cat lady” isn’t a bad thing. (Right mom?)
- They make realistic looking fake plants for people like me.
- Don’t judge people based on their social media profiles.
- Success is 90% hard work and 10% knowing the right people.
- Nice people are nice.
- You learn a lot about yourself outside of your comfort zone.
- Be nice to your younger sister.
- You can’t change other people, love them as they are.
- If it doesn’t make you happy, don’t do it.
- Take full advantage of every opportunity.
- There is no such thing as “too many Volkswagens”. (Right dad?)
- I don’t know everything, but that’s okay.
Instead of telling people I’m 25, I’m going to say I’m a quarter century. It sounds so much fancier!
Instagram Photo Tips (Plus My Best Kept Secret!)
As someone who absolutely loves Instagram, I’ve picked up a few tips and tricks along the way. I’m not an expert at Instagram, but I don’t think anyone really is. Social media is constantly changing, as is the way people use and relate to social media. Some people love looking at pictures of carefully organized flat lays, while others only want to see pictures of mountains and wilderness. But whatever Instagram is to you, everyone can benefit from a few tips and tricks to make the best of their Insta-experience! So take one tip or take them all, and let me know what helped you most!Read More »
Blogs That Never Became Blogs – Tips for Being Unemployed
While rereading old blog post drafts, I came across a few gems. I’m not sure why I never published them, but since I’m such a kind, giving person, I’m going to share these glorious posts-that-were-never-posts with you. This one in particular I wrote after I quit my job selling cars and hadn’t yet found a replacement job. Enjoy!Read More »